Welcome to Smokeycue! We are a new site dedicated to the world of barbecue and grilling. Pardon our dust we are still under construction.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Spring/Summer project

Thread starter #1

Smokey

Staff member
Pitmaster
Well I have a new project to work on. The lawn at my moms house is in need of desperate help because of drought conditions the last few years except for some good size chunks where Bermuda grass is thriving. Most of the neighborhood tries to keep Bermuda out of their lawns but I’m going to use it to my advantage. I’m going to be planting Zoysia grass it is another creeper like Bermuda and St. Augustine grass and from what I understand can tolerate high heat and drought but is a softer texture than Bermuda. The method of planting I’m going to use is plugs cheaper than sod and easier than seed. FA46605B-CA46-444D-BBBA-3C6F7F30DA5D.jpeg

Thread starter #2

Smokey

Staff member
Pitmaster
Well I just mowed yesterday I keep the Bermuda at 2” inches what a difference a few months make. I did plant some Bermuda seed on the side that is closet to help it fill in I did that about a month and a half ago.
4ACD5D10-3A28-47B5-8B85-CDD31C414C72.jpeg